Video signal recording made easy!
Thanks to TZ’s many years of experience in the use of frame grabbers in the automotive sector, they are very well adapted to the requirements of vehicle manufacturers and suppliers. This also includes compatibility with all common video link technologies such as GMSL, FPD-Link.
- Commissioning and evaluation of vehicle cameras of ECUs
- Visualisation and recording of video data
- Evaluation of video algorithms for driver assistance systems and autonomous driving
- Automated testing of vehicle components in development (HIL test bench)
- End-of-line testing of components in production
TZ electronic systems offers a wide range of frame grabbers as standard. If your combination of requirements is not covered, then we are happy to implement a solution which meets your specific needs. Request a concrete quote in our online shop, download our complete product overview or contact our technical customer service department to get non-binding advice regarding our extensive test solutions.
TZ frame grabbers have all of the features required to make plug & play use possible:
- USB3.0 interface for maximum compatibility with PCs and laptops, which also allows for mobile use.
- Standard drivers allow for use with all common video processing programs and operating systems
- Current/voltage supply for connected cameras
- Integrated initialisation of the connected components
TZ frame grabbers can be used for a wide variety of applications:
- Owing to accurate capturing of the image data to the pixel, it provides optimal support for subsequent data processing. This includes analysis of the image quality as well as evaluation of video processing algorithms.
- The low latency during capturing of the image data allows for monitoring of mechanical processes such as the positioning of the camera lens in the production process.
- Many cameras transmit image data in a colour format which cannot be displayed with a monitor. Here in particular, TX frame grabbers can create added value during visualisation through data transmission which is not dependent on the colour spectrum and simple connection to standard programs and script environments (such as Python, Matlab, etc.).
TZ frame grabbers make the development process easier
The relevant automotive deserializer (e.g. MIPI-CSI2) is an essential element of every TZ frame grabber. In addition to the transmission of video data, it also allows for the use of data interfaces. The frame grabbers offer a standardised protocol in order to allow for maximum accessibility to these data interfaces.
This connection is suitable for both in-system debugging and connection to an automated testing environment. Furthermore, the frame grabbers also offer direct access for other deserializer functions such as GPIOs, FSYNC, I2C, UART, etc. through numerous IO ports.
TZ frame grabbers are universally used
TZ frame grabbers have the TZ Setting functionality. This ensures that the user can easily adjust the product to meet their requirements. After selecting pre-defined settings, the system fully configures itself for the required use case. A TZ frame grabber can therefore be used for various different components within a very short space of time. This is a huge advantage, because the often complex configurations for new use cases can therefore be dispensed with entirely.
The frame grabbers can be conveniently updated with the TZ GUI.
This allows new functionalities to be added or permanently stored settings to be changed and enhanced.
B.Eng. Alexander Pluta has worked in technical support at TZ Electronic Systems since 2019.
After studying electrical engineering / information technology at Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences, he gained experience in hardware development at various companies.
He started at TZ Electronic Systems in 2018 as a hardware and software developer.
Nowadays, he helps our customers with all enquiries, carries out demonstrations online and on site, and likes to help with handling problems.